Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happy Early Birthday










To start off this post I know my brithday is not until May but we decided to celebrate impromptu last week. As some of you know I love Carrier underwood and have always wanted to see her in concert. So ted heard on the radio last week that she was in Michigan and so he looked it up and saw that last wednesday was her last day here. So he called me up at work and said "so do you want your birthday present early" I was very confused as it was more than a month away and that is not like Ted to ACTUALLY plan and think of things earlier than he absolutely has to!!!! So I had no idea what he was thinking and then he explained. She was in town playing at MSU campus where he served part of his mission and he found tickets on ebay for that night 10th row for a great price. I was only working a half day at the Oral Surgeons office (which as side note I am quiting because he is crazy) so I was set to leave at 1pm. We got the tickets ran home and were off to lansing MI to enjoy a fun dinner at Five guys and sight see some of the places ted lived and served on his mission. He was so excited to see his old apartment and walk around MSU campus telling me stories about walking up and down just talking to people about the church.
We got into the concert and had to get "cool special people" bracelets as our seats were so close!!! It was amazing how close we were. I could see all the veins in her arms!! She was amazing. She sounds identical if not better live than on her CD's. Ted made sure he got some pictures of her in one of her skimmpy dresses "for his dad" he said! Ya right! Anyways best birthday present ever and it was so much fun enjoying it with my hubby. We also got to go see Ted's old mission home after the concert where he spent his first night as a missionary! Thanks babe it was a night to remember.

7 comments:

Tami said...

Way to go Tedward. I'm proud of you. And I'm sure Dad will appreciate the pictures.

Joanne said...

Wow...very impressive brother! But...don't think you're off the hook for her actual birthday :).

Barbara said...

Great pictures! Ted has a way of surprising and impressing with concerts! I still remember my best mother's day present from him when he got back from his mission and took his Mom to see Josh Groban! Glad you got to see some missionary places. We look forward to doing that soon hopefully! And did you see she won entertainer of the year again last night! We get to see her for July 4th concert here but we will be much further away! And let's give thanks for the passport!

Meg and Ted said...

ya, im good.

susi and adam said...

Good job Teddy boy!!! Glad you got to see mission stuff too :)

Barbara said...

Tedward: way to go ... Carrie U. is a favorite of mine too ... thanks for the great pics of Carrie ... see you soon. :) Dad

Sydney said...

LLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am doing a project on her right now and it would be awesome to see her in concert! I'm sure it was lots of fun! I actually think I am going to use one of the pics in my poster or power point so thanks!