Sunday, January 31, 2010

Figure Skating Nationals

Well its taken me forever to post because we have been extremely busy. First off to let you know I recently got a second job working at an oral surgeons office Monday-Friday because the hospital hasn't been giving me enough hours. Needless to say I have been working both places and its very busy but I like to stay busy because Ted is gone a lot for school and when he is home he is studying and reading a ton.

The first couple pictures are from Utah at my cousin Britty's surprise bridal shower. Ted and I were there a week ago for my immigration stuff where I passed my citizenship interview and can officially become a US citizen! All that is left is for me to get sworn in next month. I am so glad the process is almost over for the rest of my life and I hope I never have to deal with US immigration again. The whole process has taken 5 years and thousands of dollars, so we are happy to be done!

Anyways moving on to better things, My mom and I got to go to the Canadian National skating championships which was so much fun. We stayed in a hotel and for 2 straight days watched figure skating from early morning till late in the night. We had amazing seats thanks DAD and loved every minute of it. We were both extremely sad when it was over. I was very grateful to have my mom so close that I can go an enjoy things like this with her because lets face it Ted would rather slit his wrist than watch skating for 2 days straight. We also ran into my old skating friend Cara while we were there and spent time going out with her and catching up. It made me feel like a teenager again back at the rink.




Me and my cousin Katrine at Brittany's shower

ME and my cousin Caroline and Britty

Corise and ME

Britty opening gifts.

Our old friend Lesley(who skated with us in little our tiny town of Alliston) went very far in the skating world. She was 4th in all of Canada 2 years ago but has since moved on and is having a baby this summer. So random we ran into her there!

Mom and me outside at the outdoor skating rink. There is almost one in every Canadian City.

Cara and me. My best bud, so many years of skating together.

Mom and Me at the ladies free skate event. It was amazing.

The entire skating Gang back together after how many years.


Mom and Me at the first event the pairs dance. We had amazing seats 10 rows up.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Great pictures and post Megan. You and your mom looks like sisters! And your Mom keeps looking younger! Tell her I said that. That is so great that you ran into your old skating friends at the rink. I, unlike Ted, would have loved to see two days of ice skating competition. So glad you are able to do such fun things together. See you soon.

Sarah said...

WHAT!! You came to Utah and did not tell me!!!! Not cool!!!!

Susi said...

Megan.... You look gorgeous in all of your pictures!!! What a fun time for you and your mom! So glad we have the internet to stay close to you guys while you are sooooooooooo far away! :) Still need to come back there some time.

Joanne said...

Cute pics Megan! Looks like a fun girls trip!!!

Anderson Adventures said...

congrats on almost being done with immigration. Jon hasn't had the interview. Did you have to set that up? we hit five years this month. Glad to see you are busy and doing great.